Deca's line of single-impact pneumatic impactors and electromagnetic hammers are designed to simulate the effects of manual hammer blows to dislodge materials from the sidewalls of bulk material handling vessels.
The low-frequency high-amplitude performance of these units makes them the perfect solution for dry bulk material handling problems in spray dryers, bins, hoppers, cyclones, dust collectors, and other vessels used to collect materials but not store them for extended periods of time. They offer a better bin-clearing alternative than continuous rotary vibrators that can create unwanted compaction of materials - particularly in angular, tapering enclosures.
The sharp, high-impact shock forces generated by these units make them particularly well suited for dislodging every last bit of stubborn, sticky, tacky or static-charged materials adhering to vessel walls. This is particularly important for applications such as weigh-batch hoppers, where incomplete discharge could have negative impacts on the formulation accuracy of downstream batch operations. It is also important for use with clingy or hygroscopic materials that can tend to build up on hopper walls or near conical discharge outlets and encourage greater likelihood for bridging or rat holing as additional materials are added to the hopper.
All Deca pneumatic and electric impactor/hammer options provide the following convenience and efficiency in adapting to your work requirements.
- All options offer control over the frequency and/or force of operation, so you can tailor performance to your needs.
- Compressed-air-powered units are very energy efficient and produce less noise than a continuously operating traditional piston vibrator.
- Ranges of model sizes and impact forces address a broad range of bin-wall thicknesses.
- Low-maintenance units minimize manpower requirements after initial set-up in your application.
How to Achieve the Optimal Impact for Your Application
The difference between choosing a continuously operated vibrator and an intermittently pulsed hammer or impactor lies in the nature of the application and material.
For those applications where you want to clear every last bit of sticky or clinging material from a container such as a weigh batch hopper, cyclone, or a spray dryer, a pneumatic or electromagnetic impact device is often your best choice. It provides the same sharp, forceful impact as an individual employee wielding a hammer manually. But a Deca impactor/hammer allows you to fine-tune and maintain the strength and timing of impact to keep pace with your material handling and production needs.
We offer three families of compressed air or electrically actuated piston/hammer impactors, in steel and aluminum constructions, to meet the hopper and material characteristics of your application. A Deca representative can explain the advantages of each, and the best option for your unique application.
LI High-Energy Impacting Pneumatic Piston Vibrators
These high-impact vibrators deliver the strongest force of any Deca pneumatic impactor or electromagnetic hammer, to loosen and aerate materials adhering to the side of a bin or hopper. They are most effective on sticky and tacky materials that would otherwise cling to interior bin surfaces.
- Intermittent use is designed for clearing sides of spray dryers, weigh-hoppers, cyclones, and other vessels not intended for long-term storage.
- Units provide appropriate clearing force with low air consumption.
- Impact forces are adjustable for each unit size, up to 252 ft. lbs. max.
- Low-frequency performance adjusts from 14 to 172 impacts per minute.
- Four model sizes accommodate bin walls from 2 mm to 8 mm and up, with low volume of compressed air from 10 psi to 80 psi.
DI Pneumatic Impacting Vibrators
For more modest impact requirements, aluminum-bodied Deca DI Pneumatic Impacting Vibrators use air pressure to lift the piston against a spring until the spring reaches the open position and a valve releases the air quickly, causing the spring to drive the piston down to the hopper surface.
- Recommended for intermittent use (4 to 8 hours per day).
- Useful for clearing dust collection bins, rail cars, hoppers with stubborn materials, as well as dryer bins and cyclones.
- Low-frequency performance, adjustable from 6 to 100 impacts per minute, is controlled automatically by a timer setting.
- Three model sizes accommodate bin walls from 2 mm to 8 mm, at a minimum air consumption of only 0.03 CFM to 0.13 CFM.
DEH Electormagnetic Hammers
These electromagnetically actuated hammers run on 2-phase 440-volt current at either 50 Hz or 60 Hz. The unit is charged by a short electric pulse that moves the rotor to a position where there is minimum magnetic resistance. This movement causes the hammer stroker to hit the hopper before returning to its original position.
- High-grade strip lamination on stator/rotor reduces loss of iron over the hammer's lifetime, for longer trouble-free operation.
- Four vibrator sizes - from 13 lb. to 49 lb. (6 kg. to 22 kg.) - provide appropriate forces for a wide range of bin and hopper sizes.
- Low-frequency performance is adjustable via a timer control feature, to adapt to application demands based on material characteristics.
- Four model sizes accommodate bin walls ranging from less than 2 mm to greater than 8 mm.
Have Greater Impact on Better Results
Evaluating pneumatic or electric impactors and hammers for bin clearing applications is just the first step. Finding the right one and fine-tuning it to the demands of your specific material application is key to matching optimum performance with optimum cost-efficiency.
A Deca representative can explain both the principles behind any direct impact solution as well as the best way to establish its impact timing for the most practical performance in your application. With more than 35 years of experience working with the most difficult-to-handle bulk materials, we can cite working examples of the best choices for your application parameters. Call toll free, 866.384.3788, or write to Sales@Decavibrator.com.