Superior Concrete Vibration by Deca Vibrator
Deca’s lines of concrete vibration vibrators for consolidation cover a wide range. Pneumatic and Electric Internal Immersion style vibrators, to pneumatic and electric Rotary type vibrators for small vibration tables & forms (low to high frequency), to pneumatic piston vibration tools to complete radio controlled Vibration systems for larger precast and pre-stressed Concrete tables and forms. We can handle dry cast and wet cast applications.
Decades of Innovations in Concrete Vibration
Compacting concrete is an integral part of almost any concrete job. Over many decades, as the industry and techniques evolved, so did the need and new concrete vibration methods for the purpose of compaction. Although there are many types of concrete vibrators, all of them belong to one of two main categories:
- Internal Concrete Vibrators: Sometimes referred to as poker vibrators, these vibrators are driven by a connected power source which drives a pencil shaped vibration tip which is inserted at various depths in the concrete.
- External Concrete Vibrators: This is the name given to just about any other vibrator which is connected to the exterior of a form or equipment structure with the purpose of compacting the concrete housed inside. These vibrators are often used where large amounts of rebar are utilized in the forms or in form making operations where vibrators can be permanently mounted.
Fun Fact: Poured concrete is comprised of up to 20% air. These air pockets reduce the density of the concrete which can lead to reduced durability and strength.
Deca Vibrator provides and stocks a complete range of concrete vibrators and concrete form vibrators for sale. In addition to a full product selection, our staff is comprised of professionals experienced in selecting and applying vibrators for concrete compaction.
How to select a vibrator for concrete compaction
- Select the Frequency: Frequency is the measurement of the vibration cycles, and is typically measured “per minute”. It is important because it should be matched with the material characteristics of your concrete. High frequency vibrators should be used with thin or plastic mixes, and lower frequencies are best used with stiff mixes. Deca staff members can help guide you to your ideal frequency if desired.
- Select the Amplitude: Amplitude describes the max distance that the vibrator moves in any direction from a neutral point. This is important because it will determine the effective distance of your vibrator and as a result dictate the placement of your vibrator.
- Your Budget: For people in the construction industry, keeping costs low is always a primary concern. Being realistic about your budget is important but so is being honest about the benefits associated with buying the right equipment. We don’t recommend using the cost of a solution as the first decision making factor. Deca makes it easy to choose the right equipment for your job by working with their customers to offer financing and payment terms.
A Word about Mounting Your Vibrator
If you’re considering an externally mounted vibrator for use on a form you will have likely considered how that vibrator will be mounted. This is an item for careful consideration because it can affect enhance or inhibit your vibrators performance. Here are a few common vibrator mounting bracket options:
- Lug Mounts: Transmit up to 95% of the vibrator force to your material
- Wedge Bracket: Easily move vibrator from one form to the next with good vibration transfer.
- Shoe Brackets: It’s an effective option and can be used with either pneumatic or foot mounted vibrators.
- Clamp Brackets: Commonly used with foot mounted external motors. Transfer is slightly less effective than other bracket types
Call Deca Vibrator today to Discuss Your Unique Application
Our highly trained staff is ready to assist you with your questions so no matter what your concern, please feel free to call us.